Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dear Mister,

Dear Mister,
Almost ten years ago I met you in a crowded, dingy bar. I noticed you right away. That beautiful bald head beckoned me. I can’t believe it’s been almost ten years. In some ways it’s like you’ve been in my life forever (and always). When I think about all that we have lived in those years: Long distance love, a young couple in love in their very first apartment, a sweet (and crazy dog), a degree in Hamilton, beautiful wedding (a day of love), a pretty house (made ours alone), two beautiful children (unique all their own). We’ve lived a lot in those ten years -it seems like it’s been longer (in a good way). I hardly remember our lives apart.

A girl grows up, she thinks often about the man she will marry. What will he look like? What kind of person will he be? Will he make her laugh? Will he be kind? Loving? Considerate?  Will he be a good father?

You. Are. That man. I always dreamed of. Maybe, even more.

I love you. Now, more than ever. I hope you know that. But more importantly, I hope you feel that. You are my best friend. My love. My partner. I can’t imagine a life without you. I’m proud of us. This little life, that we’ve carved out for ourselves. I’m ever grateful, I get to share it with you.
 
L,
Me
xoxo


1 comment:

Karie said...

That's so lovely!! I'm so happy for you that you have such an amazing life partner!

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?