Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Avery's Quilt



I finally finished hand-stitching the binding on Avery's quilt last night. I have to say that I'm a little in love with it. I'm so glad I followed everyone's advice and chose the red polka dot for the binding. I think it really 'makes' the quilt. The reason why it took me so long to finish it, is because I was really stuck on what to put on the back. While I was in Vancouver I found this gorgeous fabric shop where I finally found a fabric that works. There were so many beautiful fabrics to choose from (I could have stayed there for HOURS! -so thankful my friend was willing to sit in the car with our kids while I played!). I really enjoyed actually being able to touch and feel the fabric before buying (there just aren't any great fabric stores in Ottawa so I do most of my shopping online). I ended up having to add some width to the fabric so I pieced together a strip which showcases a few of the fabrics in the front. I have to say I'm not really in love with the back of the quilt (even though I really do love that fabric I found). I meant to put that little strip of fabric to the side and it ended up being kind of in the middle which I don't like. Generally though I do really love this quilt and I'm happy I put all of that time and effort into making something for Avery's first birthday. I hope she will love it as she grows up.

No comments:

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?