Thursday, July 7, 2011

Like riding a bike...

We bought Ian a bike for his 4th birthday. His very first 'big boy' bike. A few weeks ago he started begging me to take the training wheels off. My first reaction was: 'I think you're a little young for that yet. Let's wait a few years. You could fall and hurt yourself. It takes a lot of practice to learn how to ride a bike... etc.' After much pestering I finally thought, why not? He'll either learn how to ride it, or he'll ask us to put the training wheels back on. No harm done (hopefully). So we took them off. He refused to let us hold the back of the bike and help him out (you know, like in the movies how the parents hold the back of the bike). Today he started doing this:
 
Look at you Ian! Your Momma is so proud of you (and so very, very humbled!). From now on when you ask me to try something new I'll say: 'Sure why not! You can do anything you set your mind to!'

That boy of mine is sooo stubborn, now I see that maybe, that's quite a good thing.

1 comment:

Annie Bananie said...

Now that is awesome! Dow's lake is a fun place to go to let them bike around. We should meet there sometime.
Way to go Ian!

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?