Sunday, March 30, 2008

Earth Hour Love-In

Saturday we hosted an ‘Earth Hour Love-In’ with a dozen friends and their children. We screened the documentary ‘Garbage Revolution' and from 8-9 p.m. we turned off the lights, turned off the appliances, lit a bunch of candles and played charades in the soft glow of our reduced carbon footprint. Who knew playing charades by candlelight could be so much fun? I suppose if you’re going to be imitating Dolly Parton (I’m pretty sure Karma arranged for me to get that card) it’s always best to be doing it while reduced lighting is in effect. In a bizarre twist our party even made the front page of the local paper!

I personally had a great time (aided by the fact that Ian slept through the whole thing) and I’m pretty sure from all of the laughing that our guests did too. What a wonderful way to celebrate with friends. Let’s turn off the lights every time we get together!


PS: Jen you won the Nature Clean toilet bowl cleaner (you lucky girl!) and Annie you won the PC Green Shopping Bin.

No comments:

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?