Saturday, December 11, 2010

Handmade gifts

I have been drooling over all of the gorgeous handmade things being made in the blogosphere as of late (have a stroll through the blogs listed on the left of this blog). I yearn for uninterrupted time to create. Alas, that's not in the cards for me for a little while yet. I did get around to sewing a little something the other day (a gift for a family friend)... Avery on my lap, Avery crying in her chair, Avery on my lap, Avery in the sling etc. It wasn't the meditative sewing I like -in fact it was a little bit stressful... but I did manage to create something cute which was fun.

Sooo until things settle down around here, I am happy to buy handmade gifts when possible. In addition to the baby quilt, Santa is also bringing Avery a cute banner to hang above her bed. I asked Karie over at workermade to make it for me. Her workmanship is amazing (which you can't really see in this picture unfortunately). I'm so happy with how it turned out, and I can't wait until Christmas day so that I can hang it above her crib (it's going to look awesome with that quilt). Thanks Karie!

2 comments:

Annie Bananie said...

Karie is amazing! I have a beautiful flagline made from her in my front entrance, it says "love" and it's beautiful.

Karie said...

I'm blushing. Thanks girls!

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?